Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Maybe Baby?

It is now April, about 6 months from my post where I said I thought I'd be ready to start trying for baby #2 in "about 6 months". Guess what? I was right, I believe I am as ready as you can be. Dexter is at a really great age right now where he is a bit self-sufficient and plays independently. Despite some health issues, he is doing really well behavior wise and I am pretty happy with where we are at, Parenting-wise. Tyler, on the other hand, is still taking some convincing. LOL

Around November/December I was having some breast pains and my GP decided that I should try a different birth control pill. The change in pill seemed to effect me hormonally (more mood swings, very sensitive, cried easily), so after a few months, I switched to another brand. I still seemed to be suffering from the same side effects so I thought perhaps I should just stop taking them in general. I brought up the topic with Tyler and he seemed fine with it....though, to be honest, we haven't been "baby dancing" much anyway. It may be TMI, but our sex life has definitely had it's ups & downs over the years. Since I've gone off the pill, I have found a HUGE increase in my desire to "get busy". I'm not sure if it's my body's way of trying to get knocked up or if I am just one of the lucky ones who loses their desire when on birth control.

Our challenge last time, which looks like it'll be affecting us this time, is timing. Last time Tyler was working out of town, sometimes 2 weeks at a time, so it took us a full year of trying. Though that time around Tyler really wanted me to let nature take it's course whenever the universe decided it was time. This time, I am embracing my inner Type A personality and keeping track of my supposed fertility times. Hopefully it won't take us 12 months to conceive this time! I'm hoping for the sooner the better, but I'd still be happy if it was with 6 months (as that would give us a due date of January - June). Tyler is working nights so our opportunity to "baby dance" is limited to when he gets home (5am), a few hours in the afternoon if it's feasible (not likely), and weekends. Thus, it may take some time to get things going.

Sooooo, all of this is on the down low.  Since it took so long last time, I don't really want to deal with everyone asking me if it's happened yet for another painful year. Plus, Tyler deals with things better if they are more subtle LOL As far as he's concerned, we aren't really trying, but if it happens it happens and I'm just going to be attempting to seduce him more.  I debated even blogging about it as I'd kind of like to keep it a secret & not jinx it but I thought I'd take the chance anyway.

As a favor, I ask that all of you don't talk about it to others outside our blogging world or especially on facebook, and to also please not ask me if it's happened yet. When it does, I will definitely be letting most of you know as you are on my "first contact" list.

2 comments:

  1. :D <--- that's my face right now reading this blog

    I have a gazillion thoughts and questions but i'm not going to get into that as that is distinctly what you asked not to have lol :) so good luck! enjoy the baby making fun as frankly i think as soon as that gets to be not-so-fun and loses it's sensual-ness baby making is more difficult? maybe?

    :D <--still my face hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Questions welcome! Just meant, if you don't hear that I'm prego in two months, probably don't ask cuz it might be a sore spot. Also, I might try to wait until I'm like 8 weeks or more before I tell anyone, and I'm not a very good liar if you ask me a direct question! :-)

    ReplyDelete