Sunday, July 10, 2011

Boy or Girl

So originally, I was really hoping to have a baby girl this time. It gets somewhat ingrained in you that if you want two kids, the perfect scenario is to have one of each. I subscribed to this and was thinking that generally speaking in order to have that close relationship during a wedding or pregnancy with my child, it would need to be a girl.  I recently came to the realization that even if I have a girl, she may never get married or have kids. We may not be close.  Gender just doesn't guarantee me these experiences.  And if I have boys I'm not guaranteed NOT to have these experiences.  It was with this realization, that I officially became okay with having a boy or a girl. Really it doesn't matter. There are all sorts of positives with having a baby of either gender (and honestly challenges too).  I'm just excited to have a baby, and super nervous too.

1 comment:

  1. I am completely in agreeance with you! Sometimes it makes me chuckle at the need for one of each gender.. I know families with all boys or all girls and frankly, they're all happy and in the end they all claim it's 'the best case scenario' with whatever cards they were dealt - so I definetly think it's just nice to have a family in the end of it all :)

    It is fun to guess though along the way!

    -kyla

    ReplyDelete