Saturday, November 17, 2012

Plan to Fail

There's a saying that no one plans to fail, but I can't help but wonder if I do. I wrote that I had some ambitions for November and I basically haven't had one day where I have accomplished them (or felt more than a tiny tinge f guilt that I haven't). Boo.

On the plus side, my one week money diet was a success! The force to shop was "strong with this one" but I managed to convince myself it could wait to the end of the week. Suddenly it was Tuesday and I literally said out loud "holy shit you did it". It was good to take a break from shopping and yet to focus on stuff at home. I think I avoided some impulse buys that would have been a waste. So, I might need to implement a once/week shop day. That could help with the impulse buying... But may be a bit of a challenge with Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the impulse buying. I was really bad for that. Especially when I was single and in university. I found that I have gotten much better. My husband has been a huge help in teaching me to think about things and going back and getting it if I really want/need it. However I still have my moments where I am impulsive. I think it's natural.

    As for not completing your ambitions for November, it's ok. Don't be to hard on yourself. The month isn't over and there is always next month. :)

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete