Thursday, February 3, 2011

We have a temporary roommate...

At the end of 2010, my brother who had been working for a concrete guy out of Peace River, got laid off. He promptly got a job working on the rigs out of Medicine Hat but he was struggling mentally there...very lonely, getting paranoid about his girlfriend cheating on him, etc. Knowing my own struggle with depression and therefore being sympathetic to him, I didn't think it would be a good idea for him to continue working out there. Cody's girlfriend, Hope and my Mom also thought he'd be better off not working there.  Since Hope is living in Edmonton where she is going to school and working, Cody wanted to find work around here. He's being staying with us kind of by default...

We always have our house open to family and friends that are visiting in the area, so Cody has been staying here each time he comes to visit Hope. This stay just ended up being open ended and as of today he started a new job. I'm not really sure how long he's going to be here with us.  He's a fairly easy roommate, the only issues are that 1) we still only have one bathroom & 2) he drinks a crazy amount of milk. LOL I used to get a 2L maybe weekly and now I have to get 2 4L each week, maybe more. That and we don't have a spare room really so he's in the basement but if we have additional company he gets bumped to the couch.

We'll see what happens over the next little while.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you can use him as a babysitter, and enjoy a couple date nights!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually already used him once when I had a dental Appt & Tyler wanted to go to his "man sleepover". It worked out really well: Dexte fell asleep beside him on the couch after like 15 minutes. Dexter doesn't even do that for me! LOL

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete