Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jean Frustation

Im referring to the denim kind we like to wear as pants... Not the bigoted, bitchy supervisor I once had LOL

I had grown quite fond of the jeans available at Reitmans. I liked the material, styles & affordability they offered. I'm quite particular so once I find something I like I tend to stick with it. Well in the last year or so Reitmans has been selling fly-less jeans, supposedly more comfortable. For me they are horrible: my thighs/hips are my largest part so I need jeans to stretch over that area & then cinch in at the waist. My last few trips to Reitmans found absolutely no jeans. I decided to try Penningtons as they are a plus sized store but they clothes just don't fit me right.  I thought I had found a pair: they were a nice color, had a cute design on the pockets and fit. But a few hours into my day they just kept slipping down and I had to tug them up - even with a belt. So that just won't do.

I've resorted to wearing some comfy sweat pants for most days of the week now, a dangerous habit. So help! Where do you like to buy jeans? Do they have plus size?

2 comments:

  1. I will admit when I read the title I both thought of the supervisor and the pants - when you mentioned both I giggled!

    And I hear you on the jean front. We all have different body shapes but it seems that the world only creates 1-2 body shapes and most of which do not have hips! It really aggrivates me. Jean shopping often results in me in tears of frusteration or just angry at the whole situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find shopping for jeans or any pants frustrating as well. Since I am short, most pants are to long for me & really baggy. But more stores have started carrying shorter lengths.

    It would be nice to have one store that carries many different sizes & styles of jeans so that you don't leave the store so frustrated.

    ReplyDelete