Sunday, October 2, 2011

Round ligament pain - it was not

I had described my symptoms, perhaps inadequately, to my GP and he had said it sounded like Round Ligament Pain. After doing some googling, that didnt sound quite right but I found Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction which sounds more on the money. Well after consulting with a new chiropractor and massage therapist, it sounds as though it's very simply just my pelvis bone being out of whack. With some simple hip adjustments my pain has subsided about 90%. The catch is that I will need to keep going back to get re-adjusted as my pelvis goes back out of whack. But I can be preventative by sleeping with a pillow between my legs, standing/rolling with my knees together and doing some muscle release work. Glad it's a fairly simple issue that may "go away" before delivering baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment