Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Free Shopping!

I have been itching to make purchases as 'tis the shopping season, however I really need to stick to a tight budget as we are über broke. BUT I got a sweet fix in tonight by shopping the "rewards" on my airmiles site. I basically bought myself four Christmas presents LOL

My purchases were:
-a new Samsung point & shoot camera. I'm pretty unsatisfied with my current one. I had bought it to replace one I dropped in sand, and though I bought what I thought was an upgraded version of the original (Lumix) it never really took as good of pictures or seemed to have a good reaction time. This new Samsung isn't top of the line by any means, but it is 16mp and has the ion-lithium battery (vs the AAs ours takes) so should be an improvement.

-a gift card for a night out at the theatre for two. No brainer.

-iPhone speaker system w/ Cd player. I've been looking for a decent docking station for a little while and this one is the iLive which I believe means it's part of the apple line. Hopefully it does not disappoint.

-Kobo Touch eReader. My mom got one in August and is completely in love with it. Her's isn't the touch but she said she would have preferred it. I'm not sure if I'll use it a lot but I think it's one of those things you can live without until u get it and then it's super useful. A lot lighter to carry around then a book! Libraries are really building their virtual book reserve so there is a lot of free books available.

That's my haul! Pretty good I would say. A good $400+ worth of stuff for free. I tried to look for potential Christmas gifts as well but was distracted by all the items I wanted for me lol

No comments:

Post a Comment