Saturday, December 29, 2012

Goals for 2013

As new years eve approaches, I've started thinking about what I want from myself and for myself for the year.

1. I'd like to maintain the level of creativity and art that I've introduced into my life in 2012. We plan to continue our monthly calendar scrapbook night so that will help. I also bought a sewing machine off a friend for $40 so I'm hoping to develop my VERY amateur skills with a few Pinterest inspired projects.

2. This is the year that I develop myself as a writer who finds a way to get paid. While I enjoyed my time learning in Primerica and helping my friends and family, it's just not my passion - passion. Im fairly certain I will maintain my license so that I can continue to help people and ourselves but it's not in me to be the salesperson I need to be. I have to admit that I might not function well without "real" deadlines and pressure. I can work without supervision but I still need parameters. For example, if I have a steady workload with routine deadlines, I don't need anyone checking up on me. But if I have to continually seek out work, well I think my 3 attempts at home business has proven how well that works for me. Very short term success.

That being said, I have thoroughly enjoyed the luxury of not having a steady job and I don't know how well I would adapt to punching a clock everyday. But I love earning money, it really adds to my feeling of self worth. I have some exploring to do!

3. My third and probably most important goal, is to become the mom I really want to be vs the mom I feel like I should be. New mom is loving, patient, kind, fosters learning, fun but also disciple. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. new years resolutions...I need to sit down and revamp/check mine also!
    For the record from what I can tell, you're a great mom - of course we all have areas of improvement in every aspect of our lives, but I just wanted you to know I think you rock as a mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kyla!

    ReplyDelete