Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby Names

I was looking through some of the fan posted pics on the facebook "Dexter" page, and there were a few babies named Dexter on there. It got me thinking about what the baby name stats were for 2009 (as that's the year my Dexter was born, plus the 2010 stats aren't done yet).

In Alberta, 31 baby boys were named Dexter & 2 were named Dex.

That's all I could really find.

Some other interesting stats:
In Alberta, 246 baby boys were named Logan (#4 of all names).
In Alberta, 2 baby girls were named Savana, 5 Savanah, 17 Savanna, 43 Savannah = 67.
In Canada, Savannah is #72.
In Canada, Logan is #9.
In Canada, Cayden is #10 (my cousin's baby's name).

Unique Alberta names (one 1 names in 2009):
BOYS
Alias
Bison
Crazyhorse
Dat
Edgerrin
Folly-Noah
Guch
Hawkar
Iex
Jhazriel
Kduss
Lightning
Maxxwel
Neptune
Owies
Philopateer
Qron
Rayon
Seige
Thunder
Uyohoini
Voltaire
Wrath
Xayden
Yak
Zenry

GIRLS:
Albertarose
Beauty
Cred
Dessarhey
Eloquence
Fury
Gallary
Heart
Ibiza
Joy-Joviale
Kwynn
Lashes
Manhattan
Noof
Ortal
Poetic
Qhloe
RoyLe
Society
Temprance
Uniqua
Veditha
Weency
Xanet
Yejee
Zimmel

Commentary:
-I wonder if these sets were twins? Wrath/Fury, Thunder/Lightening,
-Manhattan: I thought of that! I was trying to think of New Year themed names, I liked the way Manhattan looked/sounded for a girl, but worried about "Man" being in the name,
-Lashes LOL

2 comments:

  1. Some... okay, MOST of those names are AWFUL! How could those parents??? so sad for those children.. "weency"?? poor child..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Lashes" also made me LOL! Uniqua is a character from the kids' show, The Backyardigans. hehe. Some of the boys' names are really out there, IMO! "Voltaire"? "Guch"? "Dat"? "Philopateer"??? Do these people have their children's best interests in mind? Of course, this is coming from someone who named their DAUGHTER Jackson. I think it's lovely, and suits her, but we get a lot of strange looks, and poor attempts at people hiding disapproval. ;)
    I really like "Albertarose". :)

    ReplyDelete