Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Detox Disappointment

After 3 days of monitored eating & drinking inwas really hoping to feel different. Perhaps fresher, more alert, more energy...just more alive basically. And to be honest I didn't. Kyla, told me that three days isn't very long & I shod try to stick with it. While these is partially true, I just don't see a benefit to doing something without a payoff & let's be honest, I thrive best on immediate payoffs.

This doesn't mean I'm throwing everything out the window. I definitely enjoyed eating more fresh fruit, but I don't crave raw veggies too often. I enjoy using hamburger for a few meals so that will be coming back. Instead if eliminating caffeine, pop & alcohol I will just be limiting it. I plan on continuing to opt for home meals rather than fast food by keepingthat goal at the forefront of my mind. I had some McDonalds yesterday & it just wasn't as satisfying as it was the week before (and it seemed to lack in flavor too) so I think I have the detox to thank for that. Now the key is to keep that in the forefront of my mind so I don get re-addicted.

Another positive is that i finally tried agave nectar, a more natural substitute for sugar, honey & other sweetners. While it has the same calories as honey (60 per 2 tablespoons), it is a lot sweeter so u don't use as much. I enjoyed the flavor & will be keeping it in my better eating tool belt.

I was also binging quite a lot on sugar snacks so I will continue to work on choosing more nutritious options more often. Like most addicts, I am trying to fill my "happiness hole" with non-authentic happiness things. I think I need to go back to my counsellong to re-sort out my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment