Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Some Things Never Change

Today is my "main" ultrasound and I am super excited but also really apprehensive.  I really, really, really want to find out gender today but because of my experience with Dexter's main ultrasound (where we didn't find out gender because the tech was 'too busy') I'm nervous that we won't be able to find out.  I've confirmed that the imagining center tells gender (as Wetaskiwin & Devon don't) but I'm still worried that it'll be unclear or baby won't co-operate.  One of the negatives of being an plus sized pregger is that I have more tissue to go through for the ultrasound and the images typically don't seem as clear.

Anyway, regarding my title 'Some Things Never Change'...I had a mom I casually know in the area come over this morning to drop off some tickets I am buying for a comedy show. I mentioned that I am super excited for the u/s today & she felt the need to tell me how with her second born they found on gender and it was less exciting. Well she went on to say that not only did they find out gender, but they also picked a name, announced it beforehand and she was induced so she had a pretty good idea when baby was coming.  Those three items combined would definitely make it less exciting. I'm a firm advocate for keeping something a secret. So if you find out gender, keep your name(s) to yourself. If you don't know gender than go crazy with names.  Simple solution.

But yeah, pretty funny that I'm still hearing the same old commentary on my decisions even though I'm more of a veteran now on the baby decision front.

No comments:

Post a Comment