Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ultrasound Countdown

The countdown is on: less than two weeks until my 19 week ultrasoun where we will *hopefully* find out gender! I wasn't allowing myself to get excited before, as it seemed far away (and I don't want to wish away my summer), but now it seems just around the corner. It's on Tuesday, August 30. This time around, I've invited my mom & Mary to it as well (I called the clinic to make sure it was ok first). My mom will be in town already for a doctor appointment for herself for her tennis elbow. The bad news is she is having a painful procedure done on it beforehand, so she may be in pain or severely drugged up. However, she hasn't seen an ultrasound since my sister Calli, now 21, so it should still be a cool experience. Mary was at Kira's, but it was less than magically as there was some big drama between Tyrone & Kim's mom. I'm excited to share this moment with them as last time around I was by myself (Tyler was away at work), and the tech was snarky, and I didn't get to find out gender due to not asking at the "right time". I feel more prepared this time & of course aware that baby could be uncooperative or unclear too.

Anyway, this pregnancy still doesn't feel very real. I'm confident that feeling baby move will make a huge difference as I felt something on Saturday & it gave me that warm fuzzy feeling. Finding out if it's a boy or girl will help me connect on a logical level & give us some direction so we can start the baby name hunt.

2 comments:

  1. you should have your mom do Bowen on her tennis elbow - find a practitioner up her way - less invasive and less painful then surgery's or drugs :)

    Good luck on u/s date!
    -kyla

    ReplyDelete