Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's Not About Weight Loss...But It Kind've Is

I've said before that my primary goal of this program is to get fit/healthy and as a bonus I should also be losing weight. But at this point, almost 5 weeks in, with no weight loss to date I'm getting impatient. It's difficult to stay the long course when we live in an instant demand world. I'd like to see a physical manifestation of my effort and with no manifestion, does that mean my effort hasn't been "good enough". That's definitely how I'm feeling. I mean is it so much to ask for a 1-2 lb weight release? Tomorrow is my week 5 session and I plan to both weigh in and discuss my feelings about it.

I'm also thinking that I'm gonna have to make some food changes sooner than later. I am very apprehensive and anxious about feeling deprived and it backfiring. I'm going to think a little more on what changes I am ready to make that will hopefully have a big impact on my health & weight goals.

P.S. On a side note, I know that Kyla reads my blog as she comments regularly...but is anyone else reading it anymore??

5 comments:

  1. I am very numbers based. If I don't see inches or pounds coming off for me whatever i'm doing isn't working. I am giving this current one a few weeks to see but I have a feeling that I will have to make some changes also. I'm not sure what i'm willing to give up though lol - that's the hardest part hands down but frankly sometimes it's the key. "it may not always be easy, but it will be worth it".

    I dunno what to say realy.. just babbling :)

    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read both your blogs reguraly, but I don't seem to have time to comment. Maybe I should hire a monkey that can use a computer to be my secretary!! I have been a single-mom pretty much all week. Scott hasn't been home before 8 for the past couple weeks! I am hoping once this house is finished, I will have more time to communicate with my friends!!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley when do you go back to work??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go back February 14 - 3 months crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read them! I just get REALLY behind sometimes. But then I read a month's, or more, worth at once. I like them because, even though we talk pretty frequently, I really get caught up on what's going on with you! :)

    ReplyDelete