Monday, November 29, 2010

My Shell Station Boost

Whenever possible, Tyler & I try to fuel up at Shell Stations so that we can collect air miles. As a bonus, the one closest to our house in Red Deer, was also full serve - a large benefit in winter time.

Over five years, as you can imagine, we got to know the "Shell Station Guys". I'm not good with accents, etc but I'd say that at least some of them are from Afghanistan & some are possibly East Indian. Anyway, they were always uber nice to me calling me "pretty lady" or complimenting my smile & telling me how nice & friendly I was to them. Once one guy even said that the sun shines on the days I come in. It was always a boost to my day.

When we moved to Leduc I told them I was moving but that I'd come in whenever I was back - and I have tried. Each time they have been just as excited to see me. Just this last time, there was a new guy pumping fuel & I snuck in to look at the beverages in the back. The guy on till shouts out "is that a pretty lady I see back there?" Or something to that effect.

Anyway, its just nice to have that kind of experience sometimes. It definitely made my day on Wednesday.

Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

1 comment:

  1. aw that is so sweet :) I love being a 'regular' places, it just always feels so at home to go and be remembered!

    PS. They have you nailed to a T - 'pretty lady' and 'great smile' and bringing sunshine to a place is SO you!

    ReplyDelete