Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2011

We have spent the last two Christmas' with my parents so the Christmas this year is for Tyler's family. His mom's side of the family has a Christmas together every two years and it coincides with this one as well (mostly a good thing). I was excited when I found out his Uncle Roger was hosting this year as they live in Calgary, to my dismay we got an email this weekend announcing that they are having it at a resort in south Saskatchewan...a mere 6-7 hour drive from here. Boo!

Our options are to stay in a one bedroom cabin for $125/night or a two bedroom cabin for $140/night. Tyrone, Kim & the kids asked us to share a two bedroom cabin with them and Tyler said yes. I am opposed to this for several reasons:
1) there is only one bathroom,
2) the kids & Kim will likely drive me crazy over the course of the 5 days & 4 nights,
3) Four adults, 3 kids & 2 dogs seems like too much for a likey, tinee tiny 2 bedroom cabin,
4) right now Dexter really needs his down time from other people.

I am allowing it to happen anyway because $600 is a lot to swallow on our own and it's Tyler's family so he can orchestrate it how he likes. Dexter will also be 2 by then so he may be different.  We'll also hopefully be having a common area for all the families to hang out in, so hopefully won't be spending too much time in the cabins. I am going to try to have fun no matter what, but right now I am irritated.

3 comments:

  1. My first question is: are tyrone and kim going to be... together then? I thought they were seperated - as in he lives with his mom and she's single mom-ing it in calgary?

    And that's kind of fun - Christmas in a cabin! Too bad of the distance. I'll try and remember to mention logan's behaviours as far as going away around that age 2 mark (even though dex and him are different people there might be some standard similiarities at that age?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No they are not together now. Their plan is that Kim & Tehya will sleep in the room and Tyrone & Kira will sleep on a pull out couch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting dynamic... should be a good blog at the very least when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete