Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My New iPhone

So for many months, since this summer I have contemplated getting an iPhone. I was mostly happy with my Blackberry but technology had come a long way since the Curve so there were a few things I wanted to upgrade on.

My first complaint was that although I had internet on my phone, there were some websites that didn't seem to load or work on my Blackberry. Secondly, while my BB had most of the basic functions (address book, calculator, mini notes), it's capabilities were limited to that - the basics.  

I was attracted to the iPhone over getting the newest Blackberry or android phones for a few reasons. I respect Apple's reputation for being a leader in the techno world and for being very user focus. I really felt that if I was going to upgrade to that style of phone I didn't want to get one of the "knock-offs"/imitators I wanted the original.  By no means do I think the other phones aren't good, I just wanted the One. I'm quite attracted to the apps aspect of the phone because I believe it makes the possibilities for functionality almost limitless and it cannot be argued that iPhone has the most apps available (250,000 according to one review). It addition to it having the most, I feel like every time I hear about an app, it's made for the iPhone so I think it would have more exclusive apps and the majority of the 'top' apps. I honestly don't think there would be an app out there that doesn't have an equal available via iPhone.

A non-neccessity but fab perk, it the amazing graphic quality the iPhone has. I find it just beautiful to share at (yeah I'm a loser).

Getting to know my iPhone will be a challenge as it operates diffently than the Windows programs I'm used to. Luckily, the Apple store offers a couple of orientation things I can go to, a one on one short session and a group longer session. I signed up for the group session on Sunday at West Ed, & if we go to West Ed on Saturday to see Kyla & family I'll do the short one then.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new iphone! :) Having these data phones are just so fun I think! I love being able to check my email and facebook at the click of a button - anywhere. And, I love the 'large screen' - that is one reason I didn't want a blackberry.

    Frankly we were driven to the android not because I preferred either over another but because of cost! I couldn't believe the cost of the iphone - even with a contract! It's been out long enough that they shuldn't be charging so much (for iphone or android)

    I hope you love it! because in the end it doesn't matter what anyone says or suggests, you just have to love it :)

    ReplyDelete