Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tyler's Mini Getaway

Tyler's brother, Tyrone, is housesitting for their Dad as their Dad & his wife went to Mexico for some months. The house is on an acreage about 1/2 way between Red Deer & Rocky Mountain House so Tyrone is a little bored. He invited Tyler (well technically all of us) to come visit whenever we want. Tyler found out that Owen was going there this Tuesday night so Tyler wanted to plan a visit to coincide with Owen. However, since I have a dentist appointment tomorrow plus Dexter's swimming lesson on Thursday it didn't really work for me and Dexter. Tyler really wanted to go, and honestly deserves some "alone" time as I get it much more often and since he's still not working it makes sense for him to go now (as he'll hopefully be getting a job locally any day now ~fingers crossed).

I was a little bit excited for some time to myself sans Tyler just because we've been around each other pretty much 24/7 since Thanksgiving. We have little breaks here & there when I went to Red Deer for my appointments or when I make Mommy playdates but its not really a large break. BUT I have to admit that I am really nervous for having Dexter all to myself for the whole time. Tyler plans to come home around noon on Thursday so it's not a huge amount of time, but I haven't been great at being patient lately so it could get ugly.

Truthfully, my brother is staying with us at the moment, so I won't be completely alone and Cody will be watching Dexter during my dentist appointment tomorrow. Hopefully I can keep my cool and enjoy this extra bonding time with my baby. And hopefully Tyler will come back from his boys' sleepover jam packed full of video & board games, fully recharged, appreciative & missing Dexter and I.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your reunion (today?) is as great as you anticipate it!

    Good for you for seeing Tyler's need for some alone time. I need to give Michael some alone time (that isn't when he's away at work overnight) but frankly don't konw what to suggest. It's really important for EVERYONE to have some 'me' time - even just for 1 day - or even just for a few hours!

    ReplyDelete