Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mini Rant

I love sharing things that I love with people. For instance a book or series I've read that was great or movie or TV series on DVD. The problem for me, is when they don't give it back.  Then one of two things happens, either I forget who I lent it to, or a ridiculous time passes so that you feel really weird about asking them if they still have it.

I am currently missing seasons 1 & 2 of "the Office" one of my favorite shows, and I have no idea who I lent it to. Whoever has it has either forgotton it wasn't their's or forgotton it was mine. It makes me sad because that is a fair chunk of money down the drain.

I guarantee I have at least 10 books & DVDs out there that belong to me but I don't know where they are. It sucks because I love sharing stuff with people, but at what cost?

4 comments:

  1. I have a spreadsheet that I track who I lend things to... (does that make me a geek?) As much as we want to trust people with our things because we love them, sometimes the people we love just forget in a completely innocent manner! I know i've had to follow up with some people and that very thing is what happened..

    -hugs- so sad to hear those things are missing.. (I had to think hard to be sure I didn't have anything borrowed from you before replying to this lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i found I book i borrowed for you yesterday. I packed it away when you had the hugh flood, and finally unpacked the box. Know i just have to remember to give it you, next time I see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From you - I meant! And huge - not hugh! Wow I need to go to bed!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sad thing is Shelley, that I literally have no idea which book of mine you have LOL It'll be a surprise!

    ReplyDelete