Thursday, October 21, 2010

1st Week Review

So I've completed my first week of the MindBody FX program. Some of my measurable successes were:

-i met each & every daily goal,
-i did evening meditations,
-i was physically active each day,
-i completed my workbook homework for the week,
-i set a deeply motivation reward for myself.

I'm really happy with my progress. Mentally I am light years ahead of where I was last month. I may be many steps away from my destination, but I am definitely moving in the right direction.

So for NYC, I'm trying to decide what parameters I am comfortable defining my success by. The easiest thing to say would be "X" pounds by "X" date...however that is my old mindset. I'm after weight loss, but its a secondary goal. My real goal is to pursue a life of fitness & health. So how do I measure that? I want to set myself up for success, but I also want it to be a bit challenging.

One thing Jen, my coach, suggested was to say that I need to meet my daily goals, 6/7 times per week. Percent wise, that is 85%, equally an A in a grading system. What I like about this is it rewards my consistency (a major goal) but isn't asking for perfection. It also allows me start small & gradually increase my expectations. It motivates me daily & more accurately measures my long term success I think.

Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of grading things - I know that you strive for 'good marks' as that is part of your personality, so maybe you need an "A" to go to NYC? Make a grading system somehow? I like it..

    So I know your goal isn't necessarily marked in pounds, but will you be tracking that also? i'm so motivated by that evil little number I personally can't help but look at it!

    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'll be aware of the pounds I'm "releasing" (lose makes you want to find it). Just won't be fixating on it.

    ReplyDelete