Monday, October 4, 2010

Short, quick blogs - May 10/10

BC in BC
So my biological contributor Kevin, or my BC as I call him, had a birthday last week. I thought I should text him happy birthday on his mobile which I did. I didn’t get a response so I messaged him on Facebook as well & mentioned that maybe I don’t have the most accurate cell number. Turns out he’s living in Vancouver, not in Grimshaw as I had thought. Wow! How nice of him to keep in touch enough for me to know he’s living in a whole other province!

Go Big or Go Home
We still haven’t had any offers on our house. We have dropped our price to $298,900 and my realtor thinks we should drop it even more as realtors always say that it’s the price that’s the problem. What I don’t understand is, if the price is “too high” for the market, why doesn’t an interested buyer just give us an offer for less money? List price is simply an “asking price”. It must have something to do with the psychology of it. Anyway, I’ve been doing lots of reading online of how to help sell our house and I find an interesting alternative to dropping our price.It was suggested on one website, that instead of dropping the price, instead increase the commissions on the Buying Agent’s side. This will create more motivation for agents with buyers to bring their clients to our house and should increase traffic. The net financial effect is the same for us as dropping our price, but it’s a different strategy so hopefully it’ll generate different results for us. Einstein is quoted as saying that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing & expecting a different result. So we’re trying something new! The official new ammendment is “Sellers will buy a $4000 bonus to the Buyer’s Agent that brings them an acceptable offer by May 25, 2010.” The deadline gives an added urgency to it, plus doesn’t leave us holding the bag forever. *Fingers Crossed* this will do the job!

Consistently Inconsistent
I have lots of ideas, goals & ambitions but I find that I haven’t yet been consistent with anything. Like seriously…anything! I’m going to google “how to stay motivated” and/or “How to stop being lazy” and see if I get any good results. I’ll keep you posted

Fat for a Reason
On the same lines, I am missing my baby belly for a few reasons.
1. It was nice to be “fat” for a good reason.
2. Baby bellies are nice and hard versus soft and fluffy as my belly is now.
3. My baby belly was “drawing” fat from other places in my body making my face appear slimmer.
4. What was inside the baby belly was a lot more fun than just plain old fat. It was fun to feel and see baby movements.But this should not be taken to mean that I want to be pregnant again right now…just want to be less fat

No comments:

Post a Comment