Saturday, October 16, 2010

Am I rushing a 2nd pregnancy?

So I've been reflecting on my desire to have baby number two and I'm concerned that my intentions aren't authentic & organic. By this I mean, I might be doing it for the wrong reasons.

I enjoyed being pregnant, but arguably it could have been due to the positive attention. I enjoyed that it was my first experience, documenting & researching along the way. I really felt part of a whole new group, first being pregnant & then once Dexter was born.

I'm worried that my mind has glossed over all the hard stuff. I remember when people first met Dexter & they said they wanted another baby I was adament that 1 was hard enough & that I could never do 2. So what makes me think I could handle it now? You could agrue that I'm more experienced now, but also I would have Dexter to contend with on top of baby #2.

Am I just trying to fill a void from inside myself by having another kid? The same thing I get frustrated with Kim about...
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

3 comments:

  1. I beg to differ withyour one comment:

    "So what makes me think I could handle it now? You could agrue that I'm more experienced now, but also I would have Dexter to contend with on top of baby #2."

    You say Dexter might be a problem BUT the older they get the more independant they become. Hypathetically, 6 months + the 9 months is 15 months... That makes Dexter at least 2 years, almost 2 and a half actually - by THAT age you would be surprised at their intelligent level and indepedance level. I have been making a mental note of kids and how old they are of recent... relating it to us it'd be like Shelley - did Regan really seem that much of a handful? And don't forget you ALWAYS have friends and family there for you! I don't think you should talk yourself out of the idea of more kids.. I dont' think you should do it if it's not what you realy want either, but I think you're just trying to accomodate everyone else's NEGATIVE comments and attitudes and it's rubbing off in your thinking. That's just my thought :)

    You would be a fantastic mother of two!

    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree, you are not rushing your 2nd pregnancy. Dexter will be over 2 by the time the new baby arrived, and he will be more independent by then. If you feel like you want more children, don`t think of all the cons of having a baby. Because then you would never have had children in the first place. LOL. I found having two children challenging for a while, but now it`s like second nature to me. You will adapt to it! You are a wonderful mother! And if you have another one, maybe we can all be pregnant together again!!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, so that confirms it up - you want a third?? you weren't sure last time we chatted :)

    and I like what you said 'dont think of all the cons of having a baby or you wouldn't have had one'...

    Excited to see you guys in a month!

    ReplyDelete