Monday, October 4, 2010

Let Me Introduct Myself - April 18/10

I am Crystal. So who is Crystal? Recently I read a great quote in Chapters that said “Life isn’t about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself.” Though I’ve seen & read this quote many times, it actually registered for me this time. In high school, I dreamed of leaving my small town, going to college and “finding myself” there. This year marks my 10 year high school reunion and well, the “finding myself” epiphany never came. I’ve always pictured that I would peel off a layer of self and suddenly realizing who I am…but maybe, just maybe I can be whoever I want to be. And that is one of the most exciting things I have every heard & thought!

My first order of business as I “Create Myself” is to be the author/writer I’ve always craved to be. That means starting this blog that I can share with anyone & everyone that crosses it’s path. My hope is that enough material will be generated on here & loved on here to become a published work in my lifetime. I have been writing for a long time, but this will be the first time I am following an inspired thought to present myself in a “professional” way.

Now, I can finish introducing myself and the parts I have already create & accepted…

I am a Mom
My son/sun Dexter Reid was born on September 20, 2009 (right on his due date). He was hoped & planned for and I really love the little monkey. I am also a psuedo-mommy to our two dogs: Charlie & Dominic. Shih Tzu cross Pugs that we’ve had for seven years this May. Before we had a “human” baby, they were our children.

I am a Wife
My husband Tyler is not perfect but he’s probably perfect for me! We’ll be married for five years this July & together for ten years this fall. We have our have our ups & downs just like most couples.
I am on a Happy Quest
I suffer from many self inflicted aliments including but not limited to: being overweight, being a shop-aholic, a junk food aholic, and being too judgemental. I’ve always thought that I needed to heal from the inside out and that it would have a happy domino effect on the rest of my life so I am finally pursuing that angle. Look forward to many blogs on this topic.

I am Opinionated, Like to be Thought Provoking and may even be Open-Minded
One of my enjoyments of blogging comes from the possibility of starting discussions and hearing from others. If a topic makes me ponder a little, then I like to put it out to the masses. If I come across something witty, inspiring, awesome or awful I like to share it with the world.
That’s a brief enough insight, happy reading & don’t forget to leave your comments!

Love, Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment