Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Some Updates

Topic 1: DAILY FITNESS

One of my fitness goals is to incorporate exercise into my daily life. So far our schedule has been:

Monday/Friday: Mom & Baby Water Aerobics
Tuesday/Thursday: Dexter to the gym daycare while I hit the elliptical @ the gym
Wednesday/Weekend: while the weather was nice I walked, but lately its be Wii Fit.

I've been liking it. I originally wrote "so far" but I deleted it cuz that implies that its temporary. I really feel that to have permanent results, I need lifestyle changes. These words get used often, but to be true, they need to be things I can sustain basically forever. I'm not saying I'll go to the gym every single day, but I will look for a way to increase my heart rate daily for a minimim of 5 minutes. That's what I am willing to committ to. That being said, I have been active for 20-45 minutes all but one day for the last 2 weeks. Yay!

I am also going to be looking for new and interesting ways to do it as variety is what keeps me interested. Baby Weights (my water workout), is already a bit dull. The instructors are rotated & I really like one girl, Malorie, as she gives 2 options for each movement. The rest of the instructors have been pretty lackluster.

So yes I'll be aware of my pounds "released" (the positive verbage for losing weight). I accidently saw how much I weighed on my Wii & I mistakenly thought I had released a couple pounds already. Turns out I had just made a data error. So when I thought I had released 2lbs I was extastic, but when I saw I was still the same weight it was disappointing. I almost reached for a sugar snack, but reisted :-) I'm going to have to be really cautious on not getting too obsessed with the scale as it could sabatage me.

Topic 2: ELLIPTICAL SURPRISE

The last two times I went on the elliptical at the gym, I started out at level one with the manual program & gradually worked to level three, with intervals. Today I was going to do the "cardio" program but I had to keep my hands on the handle for heart rate (annoying) so I switched to "fat" workout but it was the same so I defaulted back to my manual program.

The workout seemed harder so I avoided levelling up until 20 minutes in. Then I thought "if u don't attempt to challenge yourself u'll never improve" so I hit the level up button. It went to four, which means I had been doing level three for almost 20 minutes without knowing it! Awesome! That inspired me to see how high up I could go for the last five minute and I was able to do up to level 9! Gotta love when you trick yourself into doing more than you thought capable.

Topic 3: MY MOTHER-IN-LAW

After a 1 year hiatus, Mary has started dating again. The new guy is actually an old guy - both in age & reaccurance. Mary dated Dean before, when Tyler was about 3 or 4. Things didn't work out then, but he's back now with a vengence. Things seemed to have moved fast, but that is just my perception. At first I wanted to be really jugemental about the situation. But once I thought on it for a while, I decided that its truly none of my business.

The pros are that he seems to be nice, he's into the same spirtual stuff Mary is into right now, he seems laid back, he seems to treat her well & really like her.

The cons are that he's not really into card/board games (which is huge in tyler's family) but hopefully we can train him, he smokes, he runs a ranch in Rocky Mountain House, he's pretty quiet, and he's in his early 60s (Mary is just 50).

Anyway, they are spending a lot of time together, so we'll see how things progress.

Topic 4: TYLER

My hubby has been home 24/7 since after work on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I'm really thankful for that cuz Tyler being home has allowed me to be really self-focused on my program. Though I feel as though I have gotten lazy in same ways & our days are less structured now.

Tyler is hoping to stay off until after the New Year & then hopefully there will be another great "local" job. Otherwise this move will seem like it was for nothing. There are about 4 plants in the neighborhood so there should be something.

One of my goals for when he's home is to do some sort of relationship building. Stay tuned to see what I figure out to do.
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment