Monday, October 4, 2010

Making New Connections - Sept 1/10

A couple weeks ago I joined a group called “Leduc Mommy Mingle” through meetup.com, a group for Mom’s to get together with and without their kids.
Today I was finally able to work an activity into our lives and it was a playdate. The host had a little boy, who is exactly 1 month older than Dexter. Another mom came with her little girl who is 2 days younger than Dex and then there was a 15 month old girl. It was lots of fun for me to see the kids interact (somewhat) especially with the close age span. The kids mostly played beside each other rather than with each other but Dexter had a grin on his face almost the whole time. Warms my heart! I’ve signed up for a few more playdates and even to host one next week. I think this is a great way to meet like-minded people here in this community.

I happen to know there is a Red Deer group as well as I had joined it shortly before me moved. I am sure there are lots of groups (of all varieties, not just for mom’s), so if you are looking for some new interaction I recommend giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment