Monday, October 4, 2010

Dexter's Birthday - Sept 1/10

Dexter’s birthday is fast approaching and with it, his birthday party. It’s officially Septebmer 1 which means there are only, GASP, 17 days until the party. I’ve been delaying too much planning as I don’t want to go overboard but I think I need to start focusing on it a little.

I’ve tried to limit the guest list to a small group but it’s not too easy to do. I’m sure we’ll have lots of fun with whomever can come.

I want to do a Monkey theme so if y’all have any Food Menu ideas, or Goodie Bag ideas, please share. I’ll probably keep decorating to a minimum since I’m not a fan of setting it up or taking it down ha ha So when you’re out shopping please keep your eyes open for cute monkey themed, banana themed, or jungled themed items. I’ve googled it and have a few ideas for food: chocolate dipped frozen bananas, Chunky Monkey ice cream, Jungle Trail Mix…

With Dex turning just 1, and us having a smaller house, I’m unsure what to “ask for” for his birthday. He’s too young to really appreciate presents and I don’t want to assume people are bringing them but if/when they ask I don’t know what to say. Primarily, I’d love RESP contributions but it’s “tacky” to ask for money. Clothes are usually great, but he’s also got quite a few hand-me-downs from Brandy/Ethan so he doesn’t exactly need them (nor do we have a lot of room for them). Kyla is making Dexter a “Monkey Cake” so that solved the cake dilemmna for me plus acts as a gift from them so that’s awesome. I’m pretty sure my mom is going to give him RESP money (as she told me she is LOL). At the playdate today Dexter seemed most intrigued with a toy cell phone as well as two hand-held plastic balls. The balls were the hit of the playday ha ha

From us, I’d like to find a really nice toy chest for Dexter’s room as well as something nice to act as a small toy chest for our living room. Again, if you see any, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment