Monday, October 4, 2010

Trading Spouses - May 2010

This week we have my friend Kyla’s hubby, Michael staying with us. By us, I mean Dexter & I as Tyler is still working in Fort Saskatchewan during the week. When Kyla first called on Sunday & asked us if Michael could stay here I was a little bit nervous about one-on-one time with Michael but other than that there was really no reason not to allow him to stay. We have a spare room & a spare bathroom for him to solely use and realistically I haven’t really seen Michael too much over the few days so far.

On Monday he ended up geting out of school early so he went home for the night so his first night here was on Tuesday. He shared the supper I made and we watched “the Men Who Stare at Goats” (which wasn’t as funny as I had hoped it would be but was okay). We chit chatted a bit and then he showered and basically went to bed. Wednesday he visited some friends, got here, chit chatted a little and then showered/bed again. Today/Thursday, is Michael’s birthday so I wanted to make him some birthday cake. My first attempt didn’t turn out as I planned, so I baked a second cake that was very yummy. And that was the end of our week.

Michael ended up staying a second week with us. And although he really didn’t affect us, I think just having a differnce in our routines really affected Dexter. For instance, I was concerned about how much noise Dexter was making and if it was bugging Michael. So I was shushing Dex all week. He was especially grumpy, possibly from cutting teeth too.

Anyhoo, I felt like I was on trading spouses cuz Tyler was in Fort Sask and Michael was staying with us LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment