Monday, October 4, 2010

Dessert First - Sept 23/10

On Tyler & my very first “date”, we went to Kelsey’s restaurant and I wanted both the ribs and an apple crisp but knew I didn’t have room for both. So I ordered & ate the crisp, then ordered the ribs to go. Tyler still talks about this date and says that he thought I was one weird duck, but obviously he didn’t mind as 10 years later we are still together (yep 10 years this October 17th).
I got thinking about it today, that my philosophy is to “Eat Dessert First”. I don’t mean it in the clique way of seize the day for there may not be a tomorrow. Rather, I come from it at the angle of, do what you want, standard conventions be damned. Enjoy life! If eating my apple crisp at the restaurant and having my ribs later made me happy, then who the heck cares?

It’s so easy to do things unconsciously by the book then to go against the grain. Right now I am striving to follow what makes me happy, rather than what I perceive to be expected of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment